NoC Arbeitstreffen @AoIR 2016
Global Network of Interdisciplinary Internet & Society Research Centers Unofficial Meeting
AoIR 2016 – Internet Rules!
In October the annual conference of the Association of Internet Researchers will take place at the Humboldt-University in Berlin, hosted by the NoC Founding Members Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG) and Hans-Bredow-Institute for Media Research (HBI). Berlin as a venue for AoIR 2016 is an easy accessible central location on the European mainland, and at present a leading incubator space for German and international Internet Start-Up companies. This is complemented by its rich academic tradition, innumerable cultural activities and a vibrant nightlife, making Berlin and exciting conference destination.
Is there a better occasion to meet fellow NoC-Members to discuss and promote the Network of Centers? Therefore, on the last conference day, the NoC will host an unofficial meeting at 4 PM in Room 1.201 of the AoIR Main Conference Building. All NoC-Members are warmly welcomed to join for this brief and informal meet-up.
Participation is absolutely not compulsory, as no relevant decision about the NoC or its Steering will be made. However, it is a perfect opportunity to talk about the status of the Network, possibilities for further cooperation and new projects, as well as getting to know each other in an informal setting.
The meeting is divided into three parts. After a short introduction about the current status of the NoC, the newest developments in the Network will be presented and discussed. After that, there will be a status update about the current NoC-Projects. New projects can be debated and new collaborations can be agreed upon. Participants are warmly invited to share their projects with NoC potential. Finally, there will be time for any other business and an outlook.
Contacts and Location:
House 1, Room 1.201
10117 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 2007 6082
Agenda | Saturday, October 8
16:00 – 16:15 Welcome and Introduction
Juan Carlos De Martin
16:15 – 16:45 Information on Latest Developments
- – New Members and Collaborations
- – Hubs (Asia, South-America Hubs)
- – WG Education (Mapping)
Juan Carlos De Martin
16:45 – 17:30 Current and planned NoC-Research Projects
- – State of the Internet Project (Speaker: Felix Krupar)
- – Harmful Speech Online (Speaker: Urs Gasser)
- – Cooperation with the International Development Research Centre (Speaker: Urs Gasser)
- – Brainstorming
17:30 – 18:00 AOB and Outlook
- Stephen Graham: Die Politik der digitalen Infrastruktur in der Stadt
- Säälchen – Holzmarkt
- Digitaler Salon Spezial: Gewissensbytes
- Spreepalais am Dom – Saal Spektrum
- Transatlantische Konferenz: Building Common Approaches for Cybersecurity and Privacy in a Globalized World
- 01.10.2018 - 03.10.2018
- NYU School of Law | Lester Pollack Colloquium Room
- Shoshana Zuboff: Überwachungskapitalismus und Demokratie
- Kino International