Senior Researcher/Postdoc in Media and Communication Law at Hans-Bredow-Institut
The Hans-Bredow-Institute for Media Research at the University of Hamburg is dedicated to excellent, innovative and independent research into the structures of mediated public communication and the transformations it is currently going through. We strive to generate cutting edge scientific knowledge, foster public debate, and inform policy. We are committed to interdisciplinarity, in particular, the combination of the social sciences and regulatory science. We are in the process of integrating with the Leibniz-Gemeinschaft with the aim of becoming a fully-fledged member in January 2019.
We currently invite applications for the position of a Senior Researcher/Postdoc in Media and Communication Law (start date: January 1st, 2019).
- Designing and conducting research projects and transfer activities, focusing on questions of the social order(ing) of digital communication
- Cooperating in research projects and initiatives with other members of the institute, both within the field of law and in interdisciplinary teams
- Identifying project funding opportunities and applying for grants
- Coordinating activities within the research programme, Regulatory structures and the emergence of rules in online spaces
- Participating in internal working groups at the institute as well as the editorial board of Medien & Kommunikationswissenschaft
- Completion of at least the first legal state examination (or equivalent foreign degree)
- Ph.D. in law and excellent academic merits
- Pronounced interest in the institute’s research areas as well as in interdisciplinary and international cooperation
- Preferably, proven experience in project-based academic research
Salary and social benefits are based on the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst der Länder; TV-L Level 14), working 39 hours per week. The initial contract will run for three years with the possibility of conversion to long-term tenure.
We particularly invite applicants with an international background. Severely challenged applicants take precedence over non-privileged applicants of equal qualification, aptitude and professional achievement.
The Hans-Bredow-Institute is committed to gender equality and is aiming to increase the number of women in leading research positions. In the case of equal aptitude, competence and professional performance, women are given preferential consideration.
Please send you application by e-mail with the subject line “RW18-02“ to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a single .pdf document, including your CV and a cover letter detailing your research interests and experiences. Deadline for applications is July 31st, 2018.
Dieser Beitrag spiegelt die Meinung des Autors und weder notwendigerweise noch ausschließlich die Meinung des Institutes wider. Für mehr Informationen zu den Inhalten dieser Beiträge und den assoziierten Forschungsprojekten kontaktieren Sie bitte email@example.com