Welcome to the official website of the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG). We encourage you to create comments, contributions and lively discussions on our research topics and look forward to a colorful, interesting and critical exchange about internet research and topics around digitalisation!
To make everyone on our site feel comfortable, we ask for mutual respect and courtesy towards other users. Please follow our commenting rules. If these are not adhered to, we reserve the right to delete content and, if necessary, to block users.
No racism, sexism and agitation
Not admissible are:
- discrimination and defamation of others on the basis of their origin, nationality, religion, social status, age, gender or sexual orientation,
- racist, extremist, pornographic or offensive comments,
- infringements such as defamation,
- calls for violence and threats of any kind,
- use of our site as advertising space,
- the publication of personal and personal data of third parties
- as well as the passing on of foreign contents, which are not released for spreading.*
The general laws and regulations apply: Violations lead to the exclusion of the discussion and may result in legal action being taken in serious cases. We thank you for your understanding and look forward to your contributions and comments. Have fun using our site!
*these guidelines are based on the netiquette of the TU Berlin.
The HIIG researches the development of the internet from a societal perspective with the aim to better understand the digitalisation of all spheres of life.
Keep in touch
Would you like to receive the latest news on internet and social research? Subscribe to our newsletters.