Roundtable I: AI and IoT
In the context of the implementation of the White Paper on Artificial Intelligence (AI), the Representation of the European Commission in Germany in cooperation with the AI & Society Lab at the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG) is organizing four Roundtables on AI and various key topics with stakeholders from business, science, politics and civil society.
Roundtable I: AI and IoT
Wednesday, 19 August 2020, 1.00 – 5.30 pm
Alexander von Humboldt Institut for Internet and Society
Französische Straße 9, 10117 Berlin
|Welcome||Nikolaus von Peter, Political Advisor, Representation of the European Commission in Germany|
|Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Schulz, Director, Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society|
|Session 1||AI and decentralized data – opportunities and challenges|
|Intro||Dr. Malte Beyer-Katzenberger, Policy Officer, DG Connect, European Commission|
|Short Impulse #1||Vanessa Cann, Managing Director, KI Bundesverband|
|Short Impulse #2||Dr. Miron Kropp, Tech Lead, Data Intelligence Hub, T-Systems Int. GmbH|
|Session 2||IoT, AI and society – how to safeguard (digital) human rights?|
|Intro||Ame Elliott, Design Director, Simply Secure|
|Short Impulse #1||Norma Hoeft, Head of IoT, GBS German Bionic Systems GmbH|
|Short Impulse #2||Dr. Stefan Ullrich, Research Group Lead, Weizenbaum Institute|
The aim of this event series is:
- to continue the exchange between different interest groups on the topic of AI on the basis of concrete practical examples;
- to find out what constitutes Europe as a technology location and to discuss what a European AI could look like in concrete terms;
- to identify barriers and regulatory gaps in the funding landscape and to discuss what conditions / framework a market for European AI needs;
- to strengthen personal contacts between the participants in order to launch joint initiatives.
Recent evens in this series:
- Roundtable I: AI & IoT
- Pop-Up Lab I: Inclusive AI?
- Roundtable II: AI & Inclusion
- Roundtable III: AI & Sustainability
- Roundtable IV: AI & Women*
Sign up for our newsletters and be the first to learn about new events and exciting research results.
Our event series
Lecture Series: Making sense of the digital society
This high-profile lecture series thrives to develop a European perspective on the processes of transformation that our societies are currently undergoing.
Once a month we publicly discuss the impact of digitalisation on the society. Therefore we invite special guests and engage in a dialogue with the audience