Lunch Talk: A fast moving technology like AI
On 12 September, we were hosting a lunch talk on the societal impact of artificial intelligence with Ulrike Klinger (Professor for Digital Communication, Freie Universität Berlin), Nicklas Lundblad (Vice President, Public Policy and Government Relations EMEA at Google) and Wolfgang Schulz (Director of the Hans-Bredow-Institut for Media Research and HIIG).
A FAST MOVING TECHNOLOGY LIKE AI
Societal impact and governance implications
12 September 2018 | 12.00 – 2.00 pm
HIIG | Französische Str. 9 | 10117 Berlin
We were delighted to invite you to a lunch talk on the societal impact of artificial intelligence moderated by Lena Ulbricht (Research group leader Quantification and Social Regulation, Weizenbaum Institute for the Networked Society) with:
- Ulrike Klinger (Professor for Digital Communication, Freie Universität Berlin)
- Nicklas Lundblad (Vice President, Public Policy and Government Relations EMEA at Google)
- Wolfgang Schulz (Director of the Hans-Bredow-Institute for Media Research and HIIG)
We were seek to explore and exchange views on the shifts, tensions and new perspectives that innovations bring to the field of artificial intelligence and their social consideration, addressing questions such as:
- How will AI affect social relations in the future?
- Should there be limits to AI? Who should determine them?
- How does this affect our society?
- Does/should it have implications on our governance structures?
|12.00 pm||Panel discussion and Q&A with the audience|
|01.15 pm||Light lunch and get-together|
|02.00 pm||End of the event|
Die Veranstaltung ist ausgebucht.
- Stephen Graham: The Politics of Urban Digital Infrastructures
- Säälchen – Holzmarkt
- Digitaler Salon Special: Gewissensbytes
- Spreepalais am Dom – Saal Spektrum
- Transatlantic Conference: Building Common Approaches for Cybersecurity and Privacy in a Globalized World
- 01.10.2018 - 03.10.2018
- NYU School of Law | Lester Pollack Colloquium Room
- Shoshana Zuboff: Surveillance Capitalism and Democracy
- Kino International